Message from the Board
It is our mission to assist organisations to achieve a sustainable competitive advantage to continually promote and enhance the social and economic livelihood of all Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and non-Indigenous Australians. Our forward development concentrates on servicing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, families and communities.
Statement of Intent
All Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people have the right to access equitable and high quality health, employment, training and education assistance regardless of where they live in Australia.
An equitable system is one that is culturally competent and recognises people’s connection to country, and
Cultural wellbeing is an essential element to achieving a state of wellness.
Empowering and valuing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and communities is the cornerstone of community controlled togetherness, care and engagement.
These principles encompass:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander comprehensive primary engagement;
- A holistic view which recognises as not just physical but encompasses the social, spiritual, and emotional values of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples;
- Capacity building of community controlled organisations and communities to support local and regional solutions for value outcomes;
- Local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community control and participation;
- Working across sectors in partnership and collaboration;
- Recognising the interrelationship between good health, employment, training and education and the social determinants of health, employment, training and education.
- Review the ongoing suitability and effectiveness of quality and or systems.
- Review of key performance indicators regularly and document plans for improvement.
- Audits are carried out annually and or as required.